Kiwanis Music Festival 2018
This year's Kiwanis Music Festival was a tremendous success. Thank you to all Kiwanians and volunteers who fulfilled over 400 volunteer placements. Below Kiwanis Music Festival President and Club member Janice Connors presents the Group Rose Bowl to students from Holy Heart for their vocal performance and to St.Bonaventure's for their instrumental performance.
1. Volunteers from Kiwanis St. John's helped with the Salvation Army Kettle Drive
2. Kiwanis St. John's raised funds for charities with its annual Christmas product fundraiser.
3. Kiwanians celebrated Christmas at the home of LG Eileen and raised funds for worthy causes.
4. Kiwanis Music Festival slated for February 18 to March 1. Check out the facebook page.https://www.facebook.com/STJKMF/
5. Janeway Dolls and Kiwanis One Day
On October 28, members of the St. John's Club participated in Kiwanis One Day. Kiwanis International describes Kiwanis One Day as "a great opportunity to bring together the Kiwanis family of clubs to focus on local community service. It’s an example of our belief that kids need Kiwanis ". LG Eileen hosted our members as we assembled stuffed dolls for the Janeway Children's Hospital. The hospital can use the dolls for many purposes including explaining surgical procedures to young patients. Kiwanian Sig Lenser is responsible for the project. LG Eileen was a great host providing eats and treats as part of our coffee break.
6. Kiwanis St. John's donates $2500 to the Boys and Girls Club.
Sig Lenser presents the cheque to Jane Henderson.
7. Kiwanis Club/ Investors Group High School Short Story Contest Presentation at St. John's City Hall October 15, 2017
The St. John's Kiwanis Club held the second annual Investors/Kiwanis Club High School Short Story Contest presentation of winners on Sunday afternoon October 15, 2017 in the E. B. Foran Room at St. John's City Hall. Nine finalists read their stories to the assembled crowd. Investors Group sponsored the prizes and reception for the event. Emma Cole of PWC won first prize with her story entitled MONSTERS. Vanessa Miller of Holy Heart placed second with a piece called INKED SKIN. And Emma Troake of Holy Heart was third with her entry FRONT ROWS.
The six other finalists were Hayleigh Bursey, Holly Stack, Helia Mahdavian, Mohera-Lily Baird Georges and Noha Shehata and Emma Taylor
Craig MacDonald, IG Regional Director, expressed his enthusiasm for the initiative. Lieutenant Governor Kiwanis Caribour Division Eileen St. Croix praised the project and invited parents and audience members to learn more about Kiwanis and to consider becoming members. Kevin Major and Eve Crocker were the judges. Mr. Major encouraged all the participants to keep on writing regardless of where their career paths might take them. Past President Paul Hamilton thanked his committee, sponsors, parents, teachers, participants, and friends for their support.
8. Eileen St. Croix of the Kiwanis Club of St. John's will serve as Division Lt. Gov. for 2017- 2018. Below is a picture of PLG Eileen accepting the banner from PLG John at the September Caucus meeting in Clarenville on September 30.
5. Kiwanis St. John's donates to the Cochrane Centre.
PLG Charlie Pope Sr. presents a cheque from the Kiwanis Club of St. John's to furnish a low rent accommodation at the Cochrane Centre.
9. K. Marvin Siegel presents a cheque to Seniors NL on behalf of the Kiwanis Club of St. John 's .